Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

rain!

It has been pouring rain for the past two days after months and months with nothing but dry thunder from time to time. I love the rain and I will soon miss the sound of it on our tin roof and the way we can hear it through our big, tall windows. I love to watch it splash on the ground for hours on end and see the tree leaves bent under the weight of cease-less rain pounding them down. I love the way the sky turns dark- as dark as night this morning at 8 am. We couldn't even see the path that's about 10 metres from our house - everything was so dark and the fog was so thick. I love the rain. Thank you, God, for sending so much rain. Thank you, God, for allowing a long stretch of dryness during the wheat harvest in the plains.

3 comments:

laurap said...

Praise God! I cannot imagine the water shortages that must be happeneing! Mercy Lord. May the monsoon replenish.

Love you Joie!!!

Eleanor said...

Yay!!! I LOVE rain and I want a tin roof so I can actually hear it! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I miss that sound, too! My friend Eryn (she grew up in Senegal) and I would often say we should just buy a sheet of tin and sit under it on the quad in college, just so we could hear the rain like at "home."