Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

updates

What HAS been keeping me busy?
  1. Dishes, laundry, sweeping, scrubbing floors, tending my children, getting booster shots... who knows what else?!
  2. Baking and cooking re-discovered and new recipes - I've recently been making Paneer (cottage cheese), and I tried my hand at hummus (though I was missing most of the ingredients, but still people ate it!) and I even managed to make donuts for my man!
3. AP CALCULUS PARTY!!!

The cake! (Thanks to my creative neighbor who decorated it!)

The AP Calc AB and BC classes were offered to take a practice AP exam after school on Tuesday followed by dinner at our house. 9 students took the teachers up on the offer, so we had a Calculus party!

"What does one do at a Calculus party?", you may ask...

This.

And this.
And hang out eating and talking about all sorts of things... including what certain calculators can and can't do, how impressive their physics teacher is to be able to do any calculation in his head, and has Mr. Burchell ever challenged that physics teacher to a "math duel"?!
It was a fun get-together all around.
------------
Then we've had some rain recently that has cleared the air a bit and I asked my photographer husband to go and take a picture of our valley - because I'll miss this view:
We're about 5000 feet above the city below us and we can see it from our bedroom window, although there are trees in the way. So Nate took the camera to a clearer spot and got a nice picture for me.
In 7 weeks we'll be on the other side of the world missing the view of this valley.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is a great view!
i've been telling the kids that maybe you'll make us some doughnuts this summer... vic brought me a deep fryer, for just such an occasion!

Unknown said...

wish I could come and help you do dishes, Joie. We, too are SO looking forward to your coming 'home' soon. Oh that will be a wonderful day for us!!!! Remember - keep looking up each new day. Praying for you as you have so much to do at the end now.