Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

A good, ancient read

Picture it: Job 26:6-14
6 Death is naked before God; Destruction lies uncovered.
7 He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing.
8 He wraps up the waters in his clouds, yet the clouds do not burst under their weight.
9 He covers the face of the full moon, spreading his clouds over it.
10 He marks out the horizon on the face of the waters for a boundary between light and darkness.
11 The pillars of the heavens quake, aghast at his rebuke.
12 By his power he churned up the sea; by his wisdom he cut Rahab to pieces.
13 By his breath the skies became fair; his hand pierced the gliding serpent.
14 And these are but the outer fringe of his works; how faint the whisper we hear of him! Who then can understand the thunder of his power?"


I am enjoying reading through the book of Job currently. This section really stood out to me as a beautiful passage as the author paints pictures with words and concludes with verse 14 which struck me tonight as incredibly poetic. To think that of all that we DO see of God's creations and working here on earth- all of that is "But the outer fringe of His works..." so well put. I also enjoyed reading Job 28- such a neat chapter!

I love it when these ancient Hebrew texts come alive for me. Hope you're encouraged too!

1 comment:

Joanna Goodman said...

I am encouraged! I love that last verse, too... the outer fringe. Why should I ever worry or doubt? He is more than enough, always.