Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Something for today.

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."
-Zephaniah 3:17
It's a lonely day as some days are so I sat down to listen to God speak to my heart and turned to this passage. It reminds me of my relationship with my kids. When Will is sobbing about something, I pick him up, wrap my arms around him while he sits in my lap, and I rock him back and forth, back and forth. I rest my head on his hair and exhale deeply, offering him my calm - quieting him with my love. In seconds, he breathes slower and stops crying - as if he's listening for my breath and accepting the peace I've offered him. It's beautiful to me - this interaction - it makes my heart so glad to have him calm down in my arms like that. Such a picture of what God longs to offer me too - His Peace.
The rest of the verse lends itself to more parallels, but they are more obvious. What I needed today was a reminder of my son in my arms - and the promise that God will quiet me with His love even more completely.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so beautiful.

Unknown said...

I just love that!! It is quieting my soul too, Joie . Thanks for sharing your heart and God's precious Word - so huge. THank you.

sarah. said...

get it, girl. thanks for sharing. :)

Unknown said...

I love this, Joie. That you just hold him, without saying a word, and he understands. That God holds us, and if we quiet our hearts, we understand, too.