Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

count-down: 4 months to go

We're counting down - Four months from today, we'll arrive in the good old USA. I'm looking forward to that. (That's an understatement, by the way.)

Today I had a play-date with two other mom-friends here. That consisted of hiking to the top of our mountain with my kids where we met one family (who had hiked across the mountain about 15 minutes to meet us there). Then we all headed down the mountain and picked up our other friends on the way back to our house. We had lunch, put the youngest 3 kids down for naps while the other 3 kids played in the yard, and we 3 women talked. It was lovely. Then we got some time all together outside before one mom headed down the mountain and the rest of us went back up. All the way up to the top of the mountain to drop off our friends at a managable place (one mom with three kids 4 and younger! yikes!). Then all the way back down again to our cottage.

That's why I'm tired. But it was lovely and we'll do it again, I hope.

2 comments:

contented said...

So glad you got some nice "woman time!" can't wait til you're here and we can sip coffee and talk!

Joanna Goodman said...

now that's what I call a playdate! mountain hiking!

Tomorrow I am meeting a friend of mine who has a 6 month old to go mall walking :) We are first meeting up with her mom's group, so I'll get a jump start on meeting some people that little bump and I could be hanging out with soon :)

Love you, Joie, can't wait to see you!