Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

To the Gym

It snowed here... was it last week? I can't remember. Anyway, here is my boy saying: "mamma, take a picture of me!" on our walk through the snow. :) Back at home, where we spend the majority of our time, Will keeps occupied with toys and books. He's pretty creative and figures out how to make the toys he has serve his purposes:
(He has a duplo tractor and is using a toy rake on the back of it in case you can't see it very well.)
************
Then there was Valentine's Day. At our house, we did nothing until supper time when I whipped up some heart-shaped pancakes and we spread chocolate sauce on them before devouring them.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
*****************
Ahhh yes, the GYM!
This school year we have been spending a lot of time in the gym. I have had play-dates with other moms in the gymnastics rooms, and often, I just go there myself with my kids for a change of venue. Today we did errands and ended at the gym where the kids climbed on mats and jumped around for an hour or so. They love to watch the older student in the PE classes playing on the basketball court below too and I figure that's gotta be worth something- you know, I'm sure they're learning 'sports appreciation' or something like that. (Lots of times I try to dig up 'educational' expressions for how my kids and I spend our days... our 'home-school' program wouldn't really pass any scrutiny, I'm afraid).

SO, here is a picture of our big basketball court for any of you who haven't gotten to see it:
And here's the gymnastics room (sorry the picture is a bit dark):
And my kids playing, playing, playing:



Then it's time to hike home. We only live a stone's throw away from the roof of the gym, but because of fences, gates, stairs and the mountain, we have quite the hike to get back home. All the way down and back up again. The pictures below are taken from the last stretch of stairs right before we reach our house. Sorry the got all out of order, but you can get an idea of our outings anyway. This is the kind of hiking my kids are accustomed to:


This is the view we have of the gym from right by our house- so close... yet such a hike to get inside of that building.


Finally we're home. Such a nice outing- do you want to join us next time?

5 comments:

laurap said...

WOW!! The gym is done! It looks amazing! I am so glad you all have a place to play!

LOVE YOU!! I am so so so sad I missed your call!

Unknown said...

yup, I can testify. THere are MANY, many steps everywhere. :) I So loved coming to see where you have spent these last years and to have chai in Redwood Cottage.

Beth said...

Your kids are going to be marathoners, just so you know. I wish I had more outlets for the kids to get out and burn some energy! Looks like fun!

Joanna Goodman said...

I would love to join you next time!! Oh, I wish... It's so great that those kids get so much exercise! That's something I really want to do with our kid, too, though we don't have magnificent stone stairs like that too close by :) We've got some nice country roads, though, and a couple good parks!

So fun to see the pictures of Will and Annie, give them a big hug and kiss from Aunt Jo :) Tell them that this summer they can play with my baby, too!

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute:) I liked the picture of Will & Annie playingin there "house" at the gym:) too cute!!!

~Ruthy