Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

About time!

It's about time I got blogging again, I suppose. Now I'm way behind, and we took too many pictures for me to try to sort though, but I'll put a few on here that I like from our past month or so. We had a great time with family visiting us and we enjoyed resting at home and sight-seeing with them- it has been a really nice vacation for our family. We wandered around our town quite a bit and enjoyed the beautiful weather.
I like this picture of my sister and my kids. She's such a fun Aunt! Thanks for visiting- we miss you!
And here's a picture of me and the kids at the Taj Mahal. Too bad most of the pictures I took there have a crooked Taj Mahal in the background... sad!

We got to see some really neat forts and other buildings. Above, the kids are looking out a little window in the ladies' quarters in the Agra Fort.
Such amazing architecture. Nate got a lot of neat pictures of the geometric carvings and in-laid stone designs that we saw.
I like this picture of my wonderful husband and our little boy.


OH, MY CUTE LITTLE NIECE! She was SO busy and smiled so much. Something I think about often is how much I'd like our families to know and enjoy our kids. It was special to have this time with family and get to know our niece too.

There's our tourist group. :)
I think camels are neat...
... and funny-looking!
Let's just say that the camel ride was a lot more rickety than the elephant ride.
And then there were the train rides. Our kids occupied themselves pretty well during all those hours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Made me feel like I was right there with you guys. So glad you had a wonderful vacation with some family. We think your blogging with so many great pictures makes us connected so much better. Thank you, Joie!! mamma/mormor

Beth said...

I like your blogging, too! Now we all get to go on vacation with you! I can't imagine my kids on a train for hours! *shudder*