Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bedtime

When it's bedtime, Will would rather read or play with all the toys he neglected all day long. Usually he just gets to go to bed, but last night he got to read for a few minutes. Our high-maintenance Annie needs even more care at bedtime. She has a lot of sores that won't heal because she keeps picking them at night so those need bandaids. She also picks sores on her head, so we convinced her that wearing a hat to bed would be really cool. However, if she's wearing her hat, she wants her "baby Dechen" (which is named after our friends' baby) to be laying beside her, also wearing a hat. And we can't forget to cover her doll with a nice, warm blanket. But aren't they cute when it's all over with?

4 comments:

Beth said...

Too cute! I can definitely relate with the high maitenance bedtime! Sometimes bedtime rolls around and Jason and I just groan with the "process!" So precious, though, and some of the tenderest memories! For my kids it's blankets layered in particular orders, etc.!

Unknown said...

I'm with you regarding the procedural bedtimes! The hoops we parents have to jump through at that time of the day! :) Aoibhinn (at 2 1/2) has only just started to become a little more flexible with the bedtime routine - 6 months ago there was a VERY strict regimen that about drove Thomas and I crazy (kiss/hug everyone, pray, sing certain songs while being rocked, etc.). If it wasn't followed precisely she would get all bent out of shape and we'd have to start all over again, just for the sake of having a peaceful bedtime session. Aislinn used to be a bad sore-picker. We've had periods of life where she's been covered in bandaids! Very cute pictures, Joie.

jsmarslender said...

Poor Annie's nose! When she's bigger I'll show her my chicken pox mark on my forehead...

Tell Will that Uncle Justin likes to read before bed too, and sometimes falls asleep that way!

Thanks for keeping us all updated. I like that I can picture life at your house better now. (And I hope all is getting back to a regular routine after visitors from afar). : )

Anonymous said...

TOo Cute! I read before I go to sleep each night too Will. It is very fun. I miss you all and love you.
Mg