Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Where did the time go?

Not so very long ago...


... and then we had to show him off to everyone:
...and a great big crowd came to our tiny apartment to welcome him:
... and all of our siblings became aunts and uncles and our parents became GRANDparents for the very first time!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WILL!
Today he turned 4 years old! So yesterday we had a birthday party for him.
  • When I asked Will what kind of cake he wanted, he promptly said: "an airplane cake!"
  • I baked a round cake
  • Nate proceeded to draw and cut out from paper how he would use EVERY piece of that round cake to make an airplane shape.
  • I was a little disappointed that I wouldn't get to nibble the extra bits, but very impressed that my man could manage this (you can see the little paper circle he used to brainstorm the idea on the bottom left corner of the picture)

The kids were so excited to watch us decorate the cake.
Then our friend Beth came over to our house, helped with the last-minute decorations, and ran a bunch of games with the other 3 and 4 year-olds who came to celebrate with Will.

There's the cake, all finished and lit up.
It was a beautiful afternoon and the monkeys left us alone for once, so the kids could eat and play in the yard. Presents!
More games:




(Thanks Beth and Dave for all the fun games!)
It was a very happy birthday party.
The next morning we woke Will up with traditional singing and candles and cake:
This 4-year-old wanted to cut his own cake by himself:
Now they know how to show how old they are on their fingers:
We had a wonderful birthday celebration.
Happy Birthday, Will! May Jesus Bless You!

10 comments:

the misses of the blisses said...

What a fun celebration! We are impressed with the cake!

jsmarslender said...

What a fun party! Give Will hugs from us!

Beth said...

Thanks for letting us come to his party! I LOVE the pic of your dad meeting him for the first time-priceless! You are such a wonderful Mom, Joie. Those little people are so blessed. Can I hire you to make my birthday cakes?!!!! Happy 4 Will!!! And praise God for no more seizures!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have come to your party, Will! Your airplane cake was so cool! I am so happy you are four; it is a very good age to be. I love you so much! Four great big hugs from Grandma Kate!

Anonymous said...

We felt like we were at your Birthday party, Will. The cake was Super well done and the party games..we would have loved to play with you! We can hardly wait for you to come see us again. We love you SOOO much! Bisous! G. Gma et G. Gpa Ole

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Will!
Looks like you had a brilliant time with your friends. I wish I could have been there.
Aunt MaryGrace

Mary said...

I love the cake! Amazing. Hard to believe Will is already 4 - looking forward to meeting him someday...

Joanna Goodman said...

Happy Birthday Will!! I'm late, but I've been thinking about you! Looks like you had a fabulous birthday party and got lots of great cakes! Congratulations on being 4 now!

Love Aunt Jo and Uncle Ron

Anonymous said...

Wow ! What a fancy cake. I must say that was a fun looking bit of baking.
I really enjoyed paging through the photos and seeing the party - almost like I was there. Hug and Kiss Will and Annie for me. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you next summer. Love, Grandpa Burchell

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday will. You are getting so big!! wish I could have a prty like you had. waiting to see you in a few months. Watch your Uncle dave and Gma and Gpa play soccer this morning and aunt ruthie too. Love ya Great gramma and great grandpa too!