Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

Where HAVE I been?!

A: In my house, without internet and therefore no blog posts. Oh yeah, and my computer crashed and I had to re-format it ALL BY MYSELF... for the 3rd time this year. and now it's finally up and running -mostly.

I have thought of a number of things to blog about and I have thought of lots of things I need to write to people about - and I've even started thinking about writing snail mail letters again since I don't have much way to communicate... we'll see.

One great benefit of not having a working computer and internet is that I've been able to get some sewing done. I'm finally doing the hand-quilting on Annie's quilt that I started last summer. I've also pulled out a couple of other old projects and think I might actually be able to finish them up sometime soon. I've borrowed my neighbor's sewing machine and it's working perfectly, so that makes sewing lots more fun!

Well that's a word from my corner. I'm off to cook some rice and dal for lunch! YIPPEE!!! (more about rice and dal and PICKLE later I hope!) All for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joie, so glad you got your computer working again. We are having some computer problems, but I'm not at all smart like you to fix the problem. By the way, a guy called (from India, I believe,) and he wanted your phone number - it had to do with your virus protection. There was also a message on our phone about it with a 'case number'. Do you need that, or did you get it figured out? I love you and your blog is just wonderful. I am at the library now doing this, so it is much easier for me. :) mamma

Anonymous said...

We've got a tight-rope to walk as Christians. There's only one way, Jesus, and our rope goes right through enemy teritory (heathen culture, moral degradation, etc.). It's so easy to join all that's going on around us - to get off balance on our tight-rope - and then we fall. The enemy gains a foothold when our foothold slips off our tight-rope.
Grandpa Ole