Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

running and more

I thought I'd just write something quick here. Some noteworthy items:
-We got good rain last week- praise God, because this land needs the water.

-Woodstock had it's annual cross-country race on Friday, and I ran with the 11/12 grade girls and came in 7th. I haven't run even once in a full year (since last year's race). I wondered what event the girls thought they had signed up for as some of them started out the 3 Km race walking, and I passed about 20-30 more who would jog, then walk... (yes I said THREE KM- and it was FLAT).
Someday I would like to run. a proper race... a scenic jog around somewhere... a marathon... just run. It was fun to do and I always feel like I'd enjoy it even more if I were more in shape. Maybe I'll start running again this year- but it will require an earlier bedtime!

-Annie is VERY accident-prone... in the potty-training sense of the word! she likes to tell me she doesn't need to go and then a few minutes later she looks down at the puddle on the ground and says urgently " Mamma! blabla!" But sooner or later she'll sort it all out, I'm sure - and at the moment, I'm happy to have fewere diapers to change every day!

-Will is almost 4 years old. I can hardly believe how big he's gotten. He's been really enjoying playing with duplo toys by himself- lining up cars and people and telling stories. The people, cars and animals all talk to eachother and time seems to fade away in his world. Last night we had sewing night at our house and I gave Will a cardboard sewing with a shoelace to work on. He hasn't tried 'sewing' in months, so I thought he'd need lots of help- but I went to do something and came back and he had nearly completed it and had done it very well - all by himself. He likes to walk by himself on the trails now, and he gets his own quiet reading time before he takes his afternoon nap. (That's one of our schemes to get naptime and bedtime more under control in our house!) He's growing up and it's so neat to watch.

2 comments:

jsmarslender said...

Good post, Joie! Congrats on the run - it does feel good, doesn't it? I too want a proper race sometime. As in, in the next year or two or five. : )

Yea on the potty training! And I remember visiting Will when he was two weeks old - you were very energetic, walking around with us in Uptown; I thought about that when Claire was two weeks old and visits from friends wiped me out.

Take care. ~Sarah

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

WAHOO runner girl! You seriously did rock it...and I'm still up for running with you if you want! (if we can find the time...seems to run away from us sometimes!) Fun post. :)