Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

Rock-picking

We live on the side of some mountains in the Himalayas. Because of haze/clouds/rainy weather/laziness, we haven't seen the snowy peaks for several months, but on Sunday, when we got to the top of our trail, we were rewarded with this view:

It was a beautiful day for a walk after church, so we took the long way around to chardukan and 'let' both kids walk. (Annie LOVES walking and throws a fit every time we put her in the backpack.)

She was happy to walk.
.......................................
Later in the week, I needed something for us to do for awhile, so we took a walk to pick wild strawberries. However, we had tasted them previously and they don't taste like anything at all. They're tiny, bright red, and beautiful, but... sorely disappointing in the mouth.
(Heading out to fill up our buckets!)

One bucket filled! But not with strawberries after all...
... with rocks.

Busy busy rock-picking.
The glamour of picking rocks wore off after awhile and I convinced Will he should hang out in our neighbor's swing while I tried to take some nice pictures of him. My favorite is above, but I think the one below here 'brings out the Burchell' (I think he's got his Pappa's chin and this picture reminds me of some of his uncles).


He's such a happy kid!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you guys next summer! Annie and Will have each grown a lot. mg

Anonymous said...

How fun.And to think - the alternative to a dissapointing outing - wild strawberries weren't so good, so..... let's fill out buckets with rocks. Great idea!!!! Memory building. That's what it's all about. Way to go. Love those close-up pictures of Will too. And princess Annie is just that - our princess!! Miss you. mamma/mormor

laurap said...

Oh my, Will is so big! He is going to be a BIG 4 year old so soon!!! Kiss him for me! I miss those mountains...but I miss you more. Praying for you guys and hoping that you are full of Him and you feel His delight in you!!!!

Beth said...

I love the idea of rock-picking! We pick a lot of rocks, too, in our dump trucks. I love all of Annie's expressions where she scrunches up her nose. So darling! Will is very photogenic, too!

Joanna Goodman said...

picking rocks is a wonderful idea! now keep them, Will and Annie, and make mom and dad store them until you grow up because they are special to you :) at least, that's what we did :)

Anonymous said...

Both Will and Annie are so cute! You are really blessed! They look like the Swedish part of the family. Hugs from Gothenburg, Sweden