Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday! :)

It's Tuesday today, and guess who's almost potty trained? My 21-month-old ANNIE! :) I'm a happy camper- you bet! I'm already dreaming of upcoming days when I can put away most of my cloth diaper collection-wahoo!! And I won't miss washing washing washing nasty diapers, that's for sure.
Annie was completely dis-interested in re-starting to potty-training after we returned from Korea, but in the past two weeks she's gotten interested again, and yesterday and today we've had great success!!! One time I even came into the bathroom to find her cleaning the toilet with the toilet brush, with no underwear on. When I had finished reprimanding her for all of that, I looked down at her potty-chair and saw that she had gone again, without my even asking her or making her try it. Oh, it'll be great when she's out of diapers!
Besides keeping an eye on Annie, I washed laundry, wrote some planning emails for this weekend, ate some more pumpkin bread, and hosted Bible Study this morning, which was nice. Our group is doing Beth Moore's Esther study and it is such a neat study. This afternoon, I fixed us a chicken pot pie (from scratch scratch scratch like everything else we eat!) that only took me about 1.5 hours to make- and now my whole house smells yummy. My honey just got home and it's supper time so I'm off! Just wanted to share some of life from our happy home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Annie! Good job with that potty training. Keep it up! Love Auntie M or Marygrace

Beth said...

Yay sweet Anna! Yay Joie! I can't even imagine life without diapers. . . Congratulations! That is one skill she will use over and over and over! lol

Anonymous said...

I practically danced, for months and months, every time Danny used the potty by himself... actually, it's still a high spot a lot of days! You go, Annie-girl! Mom

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

YAY for potty training! I just found your blog, and am QUITE excited about it. Wahoo!

laurap said...

Oh how you make me smile! Sweet Annie, Aunty Laura thinks you are one amazing little girl!!! Missing your sweet goodies Joie. You are an amazing mom. I am going to hear Beth Moore speak tonight. I cannot wait.