Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Living Words

I read this again recently and it encourged me:

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
-Isaiah 40:28-31

Though I know these words well, the passage came alive as I pictured my CREATOR who has greater understanding of all things than anyone can ever have. I find Him giving me strength, though I am weary and weak. In a very real way, I can identify with stumbling and falling as we walk on trails all day long, and I am encouraged that as I hope in the LORD, He will renew my strength. And I picture the giant eagles that sometimes fly just above our house, casting a massive shadow on the ground (I am sure that some of their wingspans are twice my height) and I recall watching them soar on the wind and hang over the valley some 6000 feet below. And I know what it is to run, but not to run without growing weary, and again, mountain terrain has taught me what it is to grow faint while walking. The promises and pictures in these few verses are so real and alive and I was struck by that and wanted to share it here. Hope you also can claim what is being offered here and are encouraged to HOPE in the LORD.

No comments: