Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy 17 months, Annie!

Well, we didn't really celebrate for her today, but we have indeed kept Annie alive for 17 months now. One funny thing I did today for her was dig out her last summer's clothes (yeah, the ones she wore in the US when she was 6 months old) and I dressed her in them yet again. I guess we're getting our money's worth out of things with this little lady - she has definitely grown since last summer, but the tops and bottoms still fit her well... so we'll be using them again on warm days, cuz they're cute clothes and I can't resist-smile.
I haven't taken pictures in awhile- been busy baking and getting my house cleaned. The weather is just perfect. I've also been working a bit on our garden, which feels extensive at the moment, and also hopeless. The air is so dry that you can almost feel the dust settle deep in your lungs when you breath, and that's not great gardening weather- plus there is a water shortage, so I feel guilty when I water my plants. Oh well.
This IS perfect weather for washing windows, washing rugs and quilts and blankets since things dry in just a few hours in the intense mid-day sun. So my windows are sparkly clean now and we can see out of them really well- it makes me feel like I'm a good housekeeper, but I'm not. I admit that I have an amazing woman helping me do all the hard work 5 days a week. And it's not Annie. Annie has been keeping me busy since she's been teething. Her molars are coming in and she is miserable most days and insists that I carry her about the house. She still only has two bottom front teeth and only four top front teeth. Then there's a gap and the molars are starting to shine white in the back of her mouth. I guess I never saw teeth come in like this before- (maybe she's missing some?) - more likely sometimes they just come in different orders.
She's eating and growing, and that's all we ask these days. God has been giving us peace about our kids. Will continues to be seizure-free for nearly 4 months now. Praise the LORD!

The last item of home-front news is potty-training. We pulled out the "potty chair" for Annie and she loves to sit on it, since she understands very well that it is her special chair. She did manage to use it appropriately twice- but probably by accident. She's pretty far from comprehending its use, I think, but at least we're on our way with this. Will is nearly done wetting his bed when he sleeps and this will be a relief! It's been a long 3 1/2 years of diapers with him (yeah, only at night for about 1 1/2 years now). Anyway, we consider this stuff "progress", and "news", but maybe you weren't really interested to know. :-) Sorry- I'll try to think of something more interesting next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep all the details coming. We love it. Makes us feel like we are almost there. :) And we are so thankful to our Lord for growth for Annie and healing for Will. He is SO good!!
mamma/mormor