Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

last week

Here are a few pictures from around here last week.

Nate cooked a delicious Sunday morning breakfast complete with bacon, eggs, tomatoes, toast, and tea. I'm so spoiled!
Will "helps" Auntie all day long - here they're doing laundry.
I took the kids down to the playground at the school to escape the painting at our house for an hour. Annie was left in her backpack since I couldn't face trying to keep her from eating dirt and everything else that day.
Will enjoyed himself immensely of course, entertaining himself with the sand and a little cup I had brought. I'm glad he's not in school yet - he just needs to play the days away right now.
We stopped on the trail above the gym because Will begs us to stop and watch the work everytime we walk on this path. This time, he said, "Mamma, you take a picture please", so I did. :)
The week ended with a bang. Wednesday, while the painters were still lazily plodding along with my bedroom, the mattresses arrived for our beds (which I had ordered about a month ago), and Annie and Nate got sick with a terrible cold that is still running it's course. Thursday, the painters finally finished and I kicked them out of my house and began to reclaim it. However, the 'alarm installers' also came that day and managed to do very little damage to our freshly painted house, and another man came to replace our gas line to our stove - finally. Friday was a day to begin reclaiming the house but the weekend was fairly sleepless with Annie so sick. Today Will has the cold too and my throat is sore. Here's a picture of my sick little Annie.

But my favorite picture is this one of Will on our way back home. These are the last steps before our house. Our house is up along the path (you can see the rail up to the top left a bit) and last year I took this path daily and called it my 'commute' to school. The steps and path remind me a little bit of the paths at Kwada (a lake we went to in Africa).

1 comment:

Laura Ibsen said...

You guys are all so cute. I hope you feel better soon!