Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

an attempt

I've been wishing I were an artist lately. This is the best I can do for now, but I thought I'd share it anyhow, because it might make sense to some, and others might just smile and see lots of fixing that could be done. Enjoy! :)


An Attempt to Articulate.

Oh to sit and pen a rhyme
that’d float upon the wings of time;
to swiftly transform muddled thoughts,
such lovely lines skillfully wrought;
to chant the truth poetically and touch some part forgot.

I long to write in poetry
with meter to craft breezy, free,
enchanted dance that words with rhythm be.

Amazed I gape at the sharp mind’s skill
to paint a picture and spread the thrill
of a moment, a season, a struggle of will-
the guts of reality spill.

Oh to brave a slim communication
with a nameless, faceless, feeling person.
I hunt for words that’ll clarify,
for rhyme that fits, for what won’t die-
for both of us, our hearts to pry
open.
-J. Burchell 19 Oct. 2008

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such a blessing to me, my Joie. And you are an artist! I love the poem, and wish I'd written it! Mom