Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's not so bad.

After a week of fighting colds, Will had a high fever a couple of nights ago while Annie was cutting her third tooth, and none of us slept very well. Will spent yesterday laying around and asking for naps and I managed to give both kids baths in the afternoon as if to say "good riddance, you mean and nasty Cold!". We tucked two happy, recovering kids in bed last night with a good night story and everything.Then this morning, when I was helping Will get dressed, I noticed that he had some spots... and as I looked more closely, I realized it was not just a few, but they were rapidly taking over his whole body! Teeny tiny spots everywhere. We went to the Health Center and several nurses gathered around my little boy and named it "Measles". Measles? Who gets measles? They told me I could take him to the hospital to make sure. No thanks. I told them I didn't really care what it was called as much as I cared about what to do for my Will. Nothing. There is nothing to do but watch it take over his body, keep him from scratching it (yeah right!) and watch for secondary infections. So I am beginning to feel like a real parent these days. When it rains, it pours, and I just have to laugh, throw up my hands and say, "Who'd have thought we could handle all of this?!" And really, it's not so bad. One nurse's advice: "Take pictures!" :)









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Will. We are so sorry you are sick. Get better real soon. You are so special to us and we love you lots and lots. And we send you BIG hugs mormor and morfar

Anonymous said...

It seems to us that you have had ENUF! I hope that litrle Will won't be too sick and that he won't scratch too much...and that you and Nate can get more rest! We always love to read your blogs & I'm hoping I know how to send this finally...Gma