Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009

ramblings

I'm passing the days as a 'single mom' yet again and faring quite well so far. I just got word that my friend (pictured below in the last post) just had her baby this morning, so when the kids get up, we're going to hike over to the hospital (about a 30 minute walk across the mountainside) to see the new baby girl!!! YAY! I was SURE it was going to be a boy- funny how we really have NO idea about things like this, yet God has known since before time began.

So where has my man gone this time? To a maths conference. (It's always "maths" here in India.) I have heard from him that he's doing fine and is enjoying staying with some of our friends there. It sounded like the conference is going well and his presentation on technology in the classroom (actually I don't know what his topic was exactly) seemed to impress everyone. I'm really glad that he had this chance to go and experience a conference here and share some of what he's been working on with others who might find it helpful and useful. Too bad he's away for a week, but we're about half-way done with that time now!

During the past few days we've spent quite a bit of time with people, which is a lot of fun for me. We've had people over almost every night and been a part of some after-school activities a couple of afternoons this week. We made it down to the clay center to play with clay for awhile, and over to our (at that time) pregnant friend's house one morning, and now we'll probably spend the next couple of days going to visit them a bit and cleaning up the house for Nate's return. We'll probably attend some of the Christmas activities at the school too, which should be fun. You see, we're keeping busy and having fun, even though the kids keep asking if we'll see Pappa when we get home, or when he's coming home, or if he's at work... only a few more days!

Well, that's enough rambling for now, I suppose. No pictures to share since I don't have the camera here. Maybe I'll take some time in the next few days to try to write on some topics I've been thinking to 'journal' about on here.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hang in there, Joie. Funny I also like to predict babies' genders, but I have been wrong when I was very convinced, too. I still think it's fun to guess!