Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

2

Guess who's TWO?
Annie threw off our celebration tradition by being in my bed when I woke up... and then she got up when I wanted to get up and get her cake... and so I tried to lay back down with her while Nate got Will up and they came with the cake and candles. We managed a couple of lousy, out-of-focus pictures because our camera lens is still broken- but this picture mostly worked from when she was unwrapping presents and munching on breakfast cake in the living room still in PJs:

Will was a great helper. He helped me wrap presents, helped me put candles in the cake, helped bring the cake out. He helped Annie unwrap presents (!) and blow out her candles (!)... he's a good helper.

She got a 'heart cake' because she is well loved. :)
(Will is showing off a ball that she got for her birthday.)
Will kissing Annie's head. Happy Birthday, Annie!
And last but not least- the present I made for Annie:


Matching dresses for her and her doll. The doll's dress fits great, but I have to make some adjustments on Annie's dress (but she DID wear it on her birthday- it just needs some hemming mainly). Since I wanted it to be a surprise, I didn't try it on her as I went along, but oh well. It was fun to do and she seemed to like it.

2 comments:

Beth said...

You are the queen of homemade creativeness! Looks like the best kind of birthday-cake and family. She is so cute when she just wakes up! Thanks for posting.

Beth said...

P.S. I can't believe how much Will looks like your dad in these pictures!!!