Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Hanumanchatti Hike pictures

Here are some pictures from our hike. I've been experimenting with panoramas so here are a couple from way up high. (I think you can click on them to see them better.)Above, a panorama from just above Seema- where we camped our last night. Below, a panorama from way above Seema- where Beth and I climbed up to early in the morning. Her head is near the center of the picture,where we were standing, and we were thrilled to finally get up to that ridge where we could see the mountain ridges falling far below us on almost all sides.

The start of our hike: Hanumanchatti - and yes, those are massive piles of potatoes.
The Hanuman Ganga river.
Donkeys hauling potatos:
Where we camped above Kondola:
The field we camped at above Kondola:

Seema- the mist rolling in:
My man fixing a campfire for us with soggy wood:
Nate's night photography of the Bandarpunch peaks- check out the stars and all the colors that showed up in the long exposure:

Bandarpunch peaks up close (you'll recognize these peaks from my title picture-they're to the left of the first D of Detta ar Dagen. I took the title picture from the top of our mountain, so you can see approximately how far we went from where we live-the peaks are much bigger here):

Beth up on top of the world!
:)
It was a great hike!

8 comments:

Beth said...

These pictures are SO COOL! You live in an awesome place! Majesty!

Steph said...

Wow, BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

Incredible pictures. Thanks so much. We were so glad that you were able to go. And looks like your little Burchells didn't suffer too much. :) mamma

jsmarslender said...

Amazing! I love your panoramics and Nate's night exposure.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures, I think that this is my favourite hike...you did the hardest part, the rest to Dodital is flat and alot of downhill.

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

WOW, beautiful pictures! So exciting, it's so fun you guys got to do that!

laurap said...

I don't have any words... Matt and I just went through our India pictures...so hard. I miss you. I miss the intensity of life. I miss the depth of friendship.

the misses of the blisses said...

Great pictures! What a beautiful area! Love the top pic of you and Nate too. :) Thanks for sharing your adventure!