Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

another weekend down.

One of our friends who does not believe in Jesus Christ told us one time that he does not throw around prayers lightly. Neither do I. And because of that, I want to thank those of you who did pray for me this weekend on the retreat- I think it went well. I did not stay the whole time because there were a lot of chaperones and weekends are precious family time for us, so I came home after I was done speaking, which turned out to be a good thing because when I arrived home, Nate was in the middle of cooking lunch and had just run out of gas in our gas cylindar. It should be an easy fix- we SHOULD have an extra one in our house, but NO, we tried for several months to procure one and finally gave up out of cultural and communication frustrations. SO it was good that I came home and could send Nate over to finish cooking lunch on our neighbors stove. We got a man to replace our gas cylindar two hours later.

Saturday afternoon we sorted through our shed and broke up a bunch of scrap plywood to burn this winter. Nate cut a board to cover my ironing board (because there are screws sticking out of the top of my ironing board) and we found a board that will work for my stories I like to do with the kids. I found a bunch of clothes that will fit Annie in a trunk that was sitting out there and then after supper, Nate and I watched "Stand and Deliver" - a 'math teacher' movie :).

I talked with an Indian friend of mine on the phone because we've been meaning to get together. In our conversation, she told me that her son was potty-trained by the time he was 6 months old!!!!! Indians typically potty-train their babies very early like that, but still.... How in the world do they do it??? I imagine a lot of laundry and accidents... I'm pretty happy to have Annie mostly out of diapers by 21 months (but 6 months- that would have been great!-smile!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Joie. We have prayed alot for you this weekend, and especially for you as you gave your talk. We never know just how God is using us - we are only His vessels and in obedience we follow Him and His using these meager vessels. So glad you could also have some family time. Go Annie on the potti-training!!! We love you guys so much. Mamma for us here