Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Good things:

Making candles with my friends.

A wonderful 'auntie' who loves my kids and our Father.

Hanging out with Alison!

Playing on a vacant playground.

Sighting a graceful Pine Martin.

'Tea time!'
(The plastic dishes and food are a hit, L!!! Thanks again, so much!)

Watching a short spring storm darken the sky and drop hail on the ground.
(Does this remind you of "The Cat In The Hat?")

Blooming flowers in my garden.



Acts 3:19-20 "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, and that he may send the Christ, who has been appointed for you--even Jesus."


It is the line: "times of refreshing may come from the Lord" that rings in my mind constantly these days. Without going into the context of the verse right now, I just wanted to write here that I have felt the gift of a solid reminder that indeed,
Times of Refreshing

DO come FROM THE LORD.


And I pray for these times to come to me, my family, my surroundings, our world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Joie. You are so right. And we pray alongside you for these times to come to us and you. We SO love the pictures you put on here. It just makes us feel like we are so much closer to your world. Thank you. And we wanted to call you today on the holiday here, but the timing didn't work out at all. So sorry. We love you and miss you alot. mamma and pappa

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures!
marygrace

Anonymous said...

i love the "cat in the hat" picture! mom