Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Into the mountains

I'm heading off into these mountains on Thursday afternoon with two other staff women here- we're going backpacking to a place called Dodital. YAY for getting out and hiking and camping- it's been a very long time since I've done anything like this and I've never done it in the Himalayas, so we'll see how the trip goes.
The roads on our mountains are typically like this- just barly clinging to the edge of the steep rocky mountainside. It will be a 6-7 hour drive (if nothing goes wrong-smile).

And this is what the mountains here look like- they're very steep... so my hike should be exciting and exhausting. If I remember my mountian names correctly (which is not very likely, mind you- so you'll have to check back upon my return to see if I was right), Dodital lies right below Bander Punch - which (I think) are the snow peaks pictured below. I think we'll end up right between the green and white mountains - actually, I hope that in a few days we'll end up back safely in our homes. Needless to say, I will be leaving my dear husband with the children and worrying about them the whole time I'm away, but he says I should go and that he'll be fine, and I'm pretty sure that they will survive without me. Will I survive without them? That's another question! :) We cherish your prayers for this coming weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! i hope you have an absolutely blessed and lovely time! i'll be praying for you all. love, mom

Anonymous said...

have a good time!
mg

Anonymous said...

Well, this time you told us about your adventures instead of afterwards. :) THat way I can pray, and not worry, just pray. Have a really good weekend, Joie. We'll look forward to news, pictures and stories. mamma for us here.