Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Remembering the past seven Marchs

Blast from the past:
A college guy took these pictures almost exactly 6 years ago now. At the time, I only knew his name, but it was on the fateful night pictured above that he asked me to go for a walk with him and so Our Story began. Surprised at his invitation, I rounded up a couple of other talkative friends to go with us and thus thwarted his attempt to talk with me- the others talked instead while we all strolled the windy beach together in the moonlight...
Pensacola, Florida - March, 2003
He took these neat pictures during those few days in Florida back in March 2003 and as that year progressed, we watched God show us that He had brought us together so that by March 2004, we were planning our wedding and my future mother-in-law came to Europe to travel around with us.
March 2004 in my apartment in St. Etienne, France.
Guess who's become part of a garden statue at Versailles?

Ahhh, yes, and here is the Register in Lyon, France.

Such fun- here we were in Orleans, France.

The following March - 2005, we had just found out I was pregnant with Will and we had weekend visitors come and see us in our apartment in Minneapolis.
Remember this?
In March 2006 we had mostly adjusted to being new parents and our little munchkin brought us so much joy! It was in March 2006 that we signed our contracts to go to India and work at Woodstock School.
Minneapolis, MN - March 2006

Looking back at March 2007, having nearly completed a year at Woodstock, we were hosting students in our home- and they really enjoyed our little boy. By this time that year, we were pretty sure that the year would end with the arrival of another baby.
Annie joined us in November 2007, and by March 2008, our home looked like this:
Now it is the end of March 2009, and the kids have grown and indeed, in our home, every day is Valentine's Day.
Will and Annie helping to make scones last night.Six years have passed since I started getting to know my man. We have grown and changed and we have learned so much about trusting God. When I look back, I remember that He knows the path and He loves to lead us beside quiet waters to restore our souls (Psalm 23: 2,3). He asks us to Be Still and know that HE is GOD (Psalm 46:10). Six years ago, I had no idea about the struggles we would face and the joys God would give us, and if I try to stare ahead, I am blind to what lies there- however, it is peaceful to walk with Him. Today I was reminded about how much He cares for us as I read Isaiah 63:9 -
"In all their distress [God] too was distressed, and the angel of his presence saved them. In his love and mercy he redeemed them; he lifted them up and carried them all the days of old."

Recently we've had some rough days and life has felt hard... but "even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me..." (Psalm 23:4)
It's been amazing to walk this journey with God leading us, and Nate is such a blessing to me. Isn't God good?!
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."
2 Corinthians 1:3,4

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Joie. Mom

Deb said...

Love this...
Deb

jsmarslender said...

This is beautiful, Joie. Give Nate, Will, and Annie hugs for me. And tell them to hug you for me. : )

Anonymous said...

Yes, So much to be thankful for. And, yes, God is Good, and He is carrying His children through those valleys,and the peeks too, and He is molding us into the people He desires for us to be. It is so good to remember. And to give God all the praise and glory. He is SO good. And you are loved!!!mamma and pappa

Unknown said...

Great pictures Joie. Seeing your Minneapolis apartment made us sad as we realized how long it has been since we saw you there.
-Dave