Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bye bye crib

Before.
"hmmm. now what? no bed...""Ahhh, my new bed!"
At 16 months, Annie is a big girl- sleeping in a full-sized bed as of today, because over the weekend she was caught turning on the Christmas lights in her room. The switch was well out of her reach, I had thought, but sure enough, I saw her hoist herself up on the rail bars, and if she found one more footing (and there was one, but she didn't know about yet), she would have been over the edge. So... we graduated her to a mattress on the floor for a few days. Last night it poured rain. First real rain that we have had in months- and this morning, I happened upon a little scorpion on the floor under Will's bed. GRRRR! I thought we had a few months left before they came back to haunt us, but no. So we promptly got Annie up off the floor and into a real bed. She is thrilled!

Completely unrelated, but here are pictures of my 24-hour project :) It is a cushion (pillow)cover for a throw-pillow, and it was a lot of fun to make. I especially enjoyed doing the embroidery as I hadn't done this type of thing before. I got the pattern from my mother-in-law in a craft/quilting magazine.


Here I am with my little girl. I sure enjoy her.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such long hair! I want my hair to be that long, but mine is very slow growing.Good job Annie!
I like your flower pillow, with the fancy stitching. marygrace

Anonymous said...

you and your little girl are absolutely beautiful!
i'm glad you are enjoying the crafting magazines... your pillow cover turned out great!
i am helping gracie with a quilt, and i finished knitting a pair of slippers recently.
love to you! mom

jsmarslender said...

Good work on the pillow. I like all the colors. And good work keeping up with Annie's climbing. Do Will and Annie have slumber parties yet?

And gorgeous hair, Joie. Fun, fun.

Anonymous said...

Your hair is, as always, beautiful. :~) I'm so glad for internet and your faithful updates. It's nice to keep in touch with you this way.

Anonymous said...

ANNIE is sooo CUTE!!!!!
/Love from Sweden