Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Life these days.

What to say? It's been awhile since I wrote on here. I REALLY appreciate the comments you readers have taken time to add here and there. My days have been filled with taking care of my kids and planning for the next social thing I'm a part of. Today I taught Sunday School, although I'm still undecided about the value of this both for the students who come and for my family. At least it's done for a couple of weeks now. We have a short break coming up this weekend and the following weekend we won't have sunday school because there will be a chapel service that week (we made an arbitrary decision not to run sunday school on chapel sundays). Anyway, now for preparing for guitar lessons tomorrow, and Bible study and French club Tuesday. Wednesday will be free as the break will start that day. The other things I've chosen to be a part of this year are Baking Club (which is really great!), Sewing night (monday evenings of hanging out with other women to spend time working on our sewing projects and talking), and once a week I play in the student orchestra - it'd be better if I would practice more than once a week! It's been nice to have some things going on to get out and spend time with people.
Other than that, my mind has been on the problems in this country - the persecution of Christians and terrorist bombings, and the upcoming election in the US (actually i'm not thinking about it very much - i'm just glad to be far from TV and political bashes and I pray about what God has in store for our land). More pertinent to me are the 'news' items in my life- the accomplishment of putting up Annie gates in our house, organizing Annie clothes gone wild, bringing in the bukari (wood stove), cutting down candles to fit into my candle holders, fixing tea for my amazing and wonderful husband, FINALLY beginning to quilt Will's quilt, soaking an infection on my finger, sweeping up crumbs from under the table, and washing Will's sheets daily as he keeps wetting his bed due to seizures :( . yes, he has had more seizures. So we are planning a trip to Delhi in two weeks when we'll have more tests done and discuss medication options with the doctor. This is life right now. I'm also anxiously awaiting the arrival of several babies of friends and family - Just got word about Laura's new daughter! Next should be Mary, then Sarah, then Laura before the middle of October, then finally Sasha in a few months. How exciting! :)
So this is life right now. I've recently put up a Bible verse on our bathroom wall which has been a neat picture to me.
Isaiah 40:11 He [the Sovereign LORD] tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.
These days feel like God is carrying us close to His heart and gently leading us. I pray that He'll remind you of these pictures too and of who He wants to be in your life these days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Joie,
Your posts bless my heart, they really do. I wish I could give you a big hug, and some cello-time! The verse from Isaiah is one I love and need to keep closer, myself.
Much love to you. Mom

Anonymous said...

Thankyou Joie for your heart-talk. We love hearing about you and your world there in Redwood Cottage and around. We are so glad you are able to be involved with other people too - you have a GREAT deal to offer, and we thank our Lord Jesus for you. I love that verse that you chose for right now. We pray on for little Will. Love on those 2 little ones lots and lots from us. mamma and pappa