Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

partial house tour

This is Annie. She'll be our tour guide for the moment. She's just walked in the front door of our apartment. To her right is her bedroom door which you can see partially open, and to her left is the white door frame of Will's bedroom. The bathroom is across from Annie's room, but really, my camera doesn't have a wide-enough angle to take very good pictures of our apartment. So you'll have to just make do with what I managed.
Above is the dining room table and Annie on a newly inherited scooter. She's also claimed Will's dog as her very own, but he didn't mind because he's just that perfect child... ahhemm.... I mean he has lots of other things to play with and he doesn't even notice that she has permanently swiped it.
The Kitchen.
The view through my bedroom door into my bedroom, which is very large, but my camera can't really capture it, so you'll just have to come and visit and see it for yourself. In this picture you can see our bed, and by the window is a desk where I am sitting right now. We have windows that look into our screened/glass-windowed-in 'balcony', which is where we hang our laundry to dry.
I wanted to get a picture of all the green that I see when I sit at my computer and look out my window. So here it is:This picture also shows how the apartment buildings look right here - ours is similar to the ones you can see across from us.
Ahhh! Yes, Pappa's home from his first day of work! Annie found him as soon as he walked through the door. Where's Will all this time? Very busy playing with hand-me-down toys. :) Maybe you'll catch him next time you visit. Bye for now.

6 comments:

jsmarslender said...

The new place looks great - so tidy! I like the light that comes in, and the balconey. Hope that you are all enjoying your new neighborhood and that Nate is doing well with his first week of students. Take care...

laurap said...

WOW!! Look at that fridge and sturdy table! Praying for you all. I sure do love you! Love the apartment.

Unknown said...

Looks wonderful. And I know you'll love those heated floors come winter. :~) Hope Nate's enjoying his new position, that you all are settling in well, making friends, and that soon, this will also be "home" for you.

Unknown said...

Oh so nice to see you nice new home. I can tell that Annie is feeling right at home. Yay. Amazing how well kids adjust to different situations. Love you guys so much!!!

John and Liza said...

Thinking about you a lot as you guys are settling into life! So much of what you write is encouraging to me as we go through our own transition. Thank you! Love you!

Joanna Goodman said...

I like your new home, and the tour guide, of course :) It's nice to picture where you are... That's a nice view, too!