Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Beside the River

This morning we strolled with some friends down to the playground that's located beneath the highway, by the railroad tracks, beside the river, and between the gymnastic/work-out equipment spaces. It was lovely.

Here's the biking/walking/jogging path that runs along the river. If I wake up early enough in the morning, I can run on it... but so far, only managed that once. It's really a great place to run, but ... we're talking EARLY.

It seems like every playground area is also equipped with work-out equipment. These spaces always have Koreans getting their stretching and exercising done. It's one of the neat things about this culture or city (I'm not sure yet which it is. maybe both.) I've never before seen so much work-out equipment placed everywhere for public use. It's great!

5 comments:

Mary said...

What a great idea! I'd love to be able to get a workout while Ruth plays at a playground. Even if it's just a little bit.

Unknown said...

SO nice to see a little of your world there. Thanks Joie for posting pictures, so we can understand a little more about your days there. Love you so much!!!

Beth said...

This is so neat! Fun to see you are in a city and have access to more opportunities for the kids, while definitely getting a cultural experience! We'd love to join you for a playdate by the river!

n bliss said...

definitely a culture thing (the stretching parks) there not just in seoul, but all over! i've even seen some near the tops of mountains.

Sarah Gannon said...

Looks beautiful and fun! I'd like to think if I had the opportunity I'd work out while my kid was playing, but in reality I'd probably just sit on the bench like I do now. :-D