Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

A date!

Our neighbors (who are like family to us!) called last night to say that they would take our kids after church today and we could have a date afternoon. WOW! So we decided to take a hike away from town because we can't usually go very far that way when we have our kids in tow. We walked/hiked for about 3 hours, I think and had a really nice time being together and talking and enjoying the scenery (which is very dry right now). I took a couple of pictures of my handsome man and the surroundings. In the left hand corner of the picture above you can see the tall radio tower in the distance behind Nate. That's where we left our kids with our neighbors a few hours earlier.
Dry land. Those terraced fields are longing for rain.

Mountain Dew from a bottle! So refreshing after a long walk on such a hot, dry day.
We had such a lovely date together.

5 comments:

sarah. said...

yay :) I always love Nate's old school Brewer's hat. I had one when I was little & it makes me feel at home.

Joanna Goodman said...

Nate looks very much in his element in these photos :) I'm glad you guys had a great date!

Unknown said...

Thank God for wonderful neighbours - like Pete and Dot (is that who took the kids?)

Beth said...

Jealous! What a perfect date! Thanks for the pictures!!! You WILL miss the scenery! And I also wish my kids could hike 2 FLAT miles without complaining!

Anonymous said...

what a nice way to spend time together! lately we end up at home depot or a church business meeting. (i'm not counting the funeral that we attended sans children...)