Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

quilts 'n blankets

Here's Annie's quilt, which I started two summers ago and am now working on hand-quilting:

And here are my kids sitting in front of the blankets my mom made for them awhile ago:


I've been sewing/quilting/knitting lately and it's been fun. I hope to finish Annie's quilt before her birthday (or at least before Christmas!) and I also hope to finish making a snowman for Will
before Christmas. We'll see how I do. I've got a few other projects in process that will hopefully be completed before Christmas as well- but I'm probably just dreaming about getting all of this done.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Joie, you are amazing! I have not made ONE blanket in my 3 years of parenting. Annie's quilt is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Joie!!! Beautiful. Now you will have to teach me how to quilt. Thanks for the pictures of the blankets too. I couldn't remember which patterns I had used. Love you, Joie!!! mamma

Unknown said...

Joie, Annie's quilt is simply gorgeous! I haven't had the bravado to start quilting yet, but I'm hoping to start working on something very simple soon ... after we move and I have the space to do it!

Nice work! :~)

Anonymous said...

I love the cute pics!
Nice quilt!
mg