Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday

It's Friday! And it just so happens that I have a cello in our house for the first time in over 2 years. The kids were very curious about it and Will waited patiently to try it after I played on it for a few minutes. He just loved playing it all by himself. These pictures are my effort to capture how he sawed the bow against the strings so intensely; yet while his fingers and arms were flailing, his head remained fixed in one position, concentrating on what he was doing. He's quite the little musician. On a completely un-related topic (except that it's still Friday), I'm finally catching on to the idea that my little baby doesn't want to be penned up in a 'crib' anymore- she climbed out of the pack-n-play a couple of days ago, and I still insisted on putting her to bed in there. Then last night, long after putting her to bed in the pack-n-play, I found her like this:
She must have just managed to get onto the regular bed before exhaustion set in. How in the world does she manage to climb straight cloth walls that reach up to her armpits? I saw her do it a couple of times- just hoists herself up there... but still! So today I packed down the pack-n-play and we will probably pass it to another family who can use it. Annie is in her big-girl bed, as was so blatantly requested, and voila- the kids have space to play in their room again. (And without containing walls, the parents will undoubtedly, once again, have a struggle on their hands every time they try to put the kids to bed.) At least the princess is happy!
--------
I remember my mom telling me that she used to come in our rooms and watch us sleep. Weird, I thought, at the time. Now I'm the one who stands there staring at the gifts of life that God has given us in our kids. I love seeing how peacefully Will sleeps: so calm and without a care in the world.

4 comments:

jsmarslender said...

I love watching Claire sleep too! What a fun two you have, Joie.

Blisses said...

Sophie climbed out of her pack-and-play at about that age too. We were at the Europe Area conference and all of a sudden we herd her crying at the hotel door trying to get out. (We were in a near-by sitting area.) It is amazing what little tots can do when they put their minds to it.

Anonymous said...

Soo cute!
aunt marygrace

Unknown said...

Joie, I love reading your stories. It makes me anticipate the day with we have little ones. :~)