Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

For My Mamma: Story/Craft time and Bullar!



One thing that reminds me very much of my mom is when I attempt to tell my kids Bible stories or do crafts with them. I'm not nearly as good at it as she was, but I remember so vividly how she so often did these kinds of things with us when we were small.


This time, I had the kids make Necklaces with a Needle and Noodles (which got very confusing: "put the noodle through the needle, i mean the needle through the noodle..." and I decided we should learn the letter N along with this craft... Will enjoyed it thoroughly.


Another thing that reminds me of my mom is when I bake. Especially when I bake bullar (Swedish cardemom bread). I made this last week for my family and they are just so yummy, I had to take some pictures before they disappeared.

Here's what my counter-top looks like when the baking is done:



My counter-top oven:

MMMMmmmm! Fika anyone?




I sure am glad that my Mamma taught me how to bake- it's come in so handy the past few years! :) She taught me a lot more than that too... so much about being a wife and a mom. Thanks Mamma! I miss you!

4 comments:

laurap said...

YUMMY!!!! Oh how I miss your baking!! You moved the table, I love it! That is a great place for crafts and stories! Kiss those two sweet kiddos. I miss you Will!!! I miss you Annie!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Great job on the bullar. Yup, I'll be there for fika this afternoon. :) (oh how I wish!!). My kids were such sponges for learning when they were young - it was a joy. You make me proud, Joie. I love you, and I miss you too. mamma.

Sarah Gannon said...

I remember your mom's cardamom rolls - they're the best! I'd love the recipe sometime, if it's not a family secret...

Anonymous said...

The fika looks good. Good job on the noodle necklaces Will and Annie. Love marygrace