Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

while waiting for the wedding to start :)

While the rest of my family on the other side of the world is hastily finishing the last touches before my brother's big 2pm wedding, I'm just frittering my time away on the computer. I only have to stay up a few more hours tonight so we can watch the wedding live (YEAH!). So, I guess I'll add some more recent pictures here to welcome my new sister to the family (she doesn't really know us India Burchells, so she probably needs more pictures, right?!). (not to mention that my siblings have time off of work and might be bored enough in their free time to check my blog. or not.)

Last time I wrote, I mentioned that Will likes music, and that he 'plays instruments'... here's what I mean:

Maybe a trombone or a trumpet or a clarinet? (Thank you very much, Mr. Potato Head)

Here's his violin or viola (using bowling pins).
And he usually thrusts something at Annie and orders her to play an instrument- guitar, drums, clap, sing... whatever suits his fancy. Sometimes she just dances. :) It's really cute.
And I didn't get a picture of Will 'drumming' but those are easy to get- it's just that usually I'm busy trying to think of something to get him to stop drumming. He's pretty good at it though, to be fair. He varies the toys he uses to act out playing each of these different instruments, but his favorite toys to use for everything are the bowling pins.

The weather here has been crazy. The days are hot, dry and sunny and then almost every afternoon storm clouds roll in and thunder and lightning break the sky. Down come hail and rain- although usually only for a few minutes. The most recent storms have been longer and this one shed so much hail on the ground that it looked like snow again atop the green of spring.

Just because Annie's face is so funny here- she wasn't really mad, just gave me a scowl for a moment. :)
She found her too-big rain coat when I opened a drawer of too-big Annie clothes, and she insisted that she wear it.





And last of all, these flowers bloom each spring on a big bush outside our front door. They make me so happy each year. I thank God for flowers.

4 comments:

Joanna Goodman said...

I love all these pictures. Big hugs and kisses to Will and Annie from uncle Ron and aunt Jo :) And a long hug to you, Joie, from me. You are a beautiful mother, and I'm so proud to have you as a sister. What a blessing you are to your children, letting them explore their creativity to the fullest!

Anonymous said...

Those flowers would make me happy, too! They are like little pinwheels! I love that Will is musical and that Annie dances, and that she can scowl like her Uncle Danny. They would enjoy watching the chipmunks racing around our backyard and climbing on the birdfeeder. When you come home, I will get another cello and we will play duets. Were you able to watch Eric's wedding? I hope so.

Anonymous said...

those are beautiful pictures. Did you get to watch the wedding?
Annie has soo long of hair and Will is getting soo tall.
Auntie MaryGrace

laurap said...

I love you Joie!! I miss you so much, more than I can express!

Your note was such a joy to me... you are a treasure.

I am writing you tonight...