Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

always learning:

During TWO AND A HALF YEARS in India, I have learned:
1) how to make delicious brownies, baked beans, pizza, italian dressing, breads of all sorts and, yeah, pretty much EVERYTHING from SCRATCH!
2) that 'fresh cream' is really yummy plain (or as a topping) (and can be made into whipped cream or sour cream as you like)
3) how to make molasses crinkles without any molasses
4) to nap almost daily without feeling guilty
5) that I might like to go into medicine or nursing or be a midwife someday...
6) that I love to hang out laundry and bring it in clean and dry off the lines
7) to pour boiling water into cranberry juice for a decent herbal-tea substitute :)
8) that I need to improve the way I invite people to things… my communication can be confusing :(
9) that God is so incredibly good... I keep learning this.
10) about “coir” – made of coconut, used in our bed mattresses and woven into thick ‘carpets’ for our floors
11) that I tend to use up all the time I’m given to accomplish something… in stark contrast to my dear husband, who, I continue to learn, is absolutely amazing!!

I'm sure I can add to this list as more things keep coming to mind, but for now, 11 will suffice.

1 comment:

jsmarslender said...

Good list, Joie. I'm sure Nate is as amazed by you and you are by him. : )