Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Scorpion Season

The past two days have been rainy, so I shouldn't have been surprised to find a visitor on our living room floor late last night. Last year scorpions appeared randomly in our house from May through September. We rarely saw them move, they just seemed to appear out of nowhere and just sit as though minding their own business. Last night was no different. I haven't seen a scorpion in months and suddenly there was one lounging on the floor by Will's bedroom door. We searched for a hole he may have come through, but to no avail. I'm so confused about these creatures. They seem very lethargic and one time last year I even saw a dozen ants carrying a living one UP the wall in our bedroom! I'm very sad I don't have a video of that to prove it! Anyway, I guess it's the beginning of the scorpion and spider season and I will try to focus on the positive: at least we don't have snakes! Here's a picture of the one we laid to rest last night right before Nate rescued me:


No comments: