Detta är Dagen

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

-Psalm 118:24


Pages

Monday, April 7, 2008

done.

This weekend, I finally finished knitting a sweater for my little boy. It's been a long time since I felt that contentment of completing something I never thought I'd finish. I started this project two years ago and put it down numerous times due to discouragement that my stitch tension had changed, I had lost stitches and lost count of stitches. As usual, I had to do some doctoring to cover up my lack of following directions, but I learned so much, the final product 'fits', and more than anything, it is done. It's a great feeling to make something with your hands and finally to be able to set it aside, complete. "done." Now for the quilt I've been working on for three years... Will proudly showing off his new sweater.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will, you look great in your new sweater! Your mama is a good knitter. Please give her a big hug for me! Love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Joie. I know this has been a big hurdle for you for a while. I am so proud of you. And I would add to your 'done'.... 'well done!!!' Give that model and his sis HUGE hugs from us here. :) mamma (for pappa too)